Welcome to Volz CPA, Inc.
We can help you on the road to financial freedom
We can help you keep more of what you make
We can help you manage new opportunities
ENERGY EFFICIENT HOME IMPROVEMENT CREDIT
(Previously Called Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit)
The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 includes new energy credits which replace the Non-Business Energy Property Credit which expired on 12/31/22.
Prior Law-- The nonbusiness energy property credit was for energy efficient improvements made to the principal residence of the taxpayer. The credit did not apply for new construction.
New Law-- The new law renames the Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit as the “Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit,” and extends the credit through the end of the 2032 tax year. However, the amendments made to IRC section 25C apply to property placed in service after December 31, 2022 (with the exception of certain identification number requirements that do not apply until after 2024).
The new law modifies the credit to equal 30% of the sum of:
amount paid or incurred by the taxpayer for qualified energy efficiency
improvements installed during the year,
amount of the residential energy property expenditures paid or incurred by the
taxpayer during the year, and
amount paid or incurred by the taxpayer during the year for home energy audits.
limitation under the old rules, are replaced with the following annual
- In general, the combined credit for all energy efficient home improvements is limited to $1,200 per year, except for (5) below.
credit for residential energy property expenditures is limited to $600 per
- The credit for windows is limited to $600 in the aggregate for all exterior windows and skylights.
- The credit for doors is limited to $250 per year for any exterior door, and $500 in the aggregate for all exterior doors.
- Notwithstanding paragraphs (1) and (2) above, the credit allowed for heat pumps and heat pump water heaters, biomass stoves and boilers is limited to $2,000 per year.
- The credit for energy audits is limited to $150 per year.
Tell Congress what you think of them:
Click the icon below to make an online payment.
Note: You do not need the Invoice Number to use CPACHARGE, just the amount you are paying.
Our convenient Tax Center provides an array of tax information all in one place. Click here for more information...
Our convenient Financial Calculators can help you plan for your future. Click here for more information...
Map and Directions